Friday, December 2, 2016

Port Pillows


As you can probably tell by now I make a variety of things. Most of them are for other people either by request or as gifts. On that note today I wanted to share a small but special gift I made for a friend- a port pillow. If you have never heard of them here is a picture of one I made.
 
I had never heard of them until my friend was diagnosed with cancer.  Like most people I wanted to help in some way but wasn’t sure how (and without being intrusive), so a few google searches later I found these. Port pillows are small pillows that attach to a seat belt to keep it from pressing down on a chemotherapy port. I whipped one up to give her and it just so happened she had been looking for one! These little pillows can make a big difference in comfort levels when traveling. My personal favorite tutorial for these comes from fellow blogger Carole at From My Carolina Home. Her tutorial is perfect and so easy to follow! You can find it here:  https://frommycarolinahome.wordpress.com/  Thank you Carole for the wonderful tutorial!
 
These would also be great for people with pacemakers, or a larger version for after heart surgery or mastectomy. Surgical incisions are painful enough but imagine a seat belt pressing down on it, ouch! Not to mention this is a great way to use up scrap fabric or learn to sew while helping others. In times of illness any comforts are always a good thing!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment