Monday, March 6, 2017

Two Finished Quilts

I just realized it has been over a month since my last post! It never ceases to amaze me at how fast time can pass when you are either busy or doing something fun. In my case it was both. I finally finished the bunting quilt I was making for my sister and that I wrote about in my previous blog post. It was my first queen sized quilt! Here it is all finished.
In the second picture you can see the pieced backing from my previous tutorial.
I also finished a baby quilt for my step-sister who just had a baby girl. I was told her theme was "purple butterflies." So this is what I came up with. Here is the front:
And the back:
I love pieced quilt backs! I think they tie the quilt together nicely and from a thrifty perspective you can use pieces that may be left over from the top.

In my next post I am going to share my favorite quilt basting method so be sure to check back later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment