Friday, June 2, 2017

Orange Bird Dress

I am a huge Disney fan! I love all things Disney and that includes Disney attire. A few weeks ago I stumbled upon a this Orange Bird necklace and bracelet set!

Just look at that cute Orange Bird face!!


I LOVED it but knew that if I bought it I would have to make a dress to wear with it, so last week I did just that. I made myself an Orange Bird themed dress! I used Butterick pattern B4443, and originally was making style F. I wanted a dress with a vintage flair, but not so extreme that my husband would feel uncomfortable being with me and wearing jeans and a polo shirt. This pattern fit the bill.
I prefer sleeves but when I went to attach them to the bodice they were small and sort of stuck out. Knowing that, I planned on wearing a green sweater with the dress I thought the perky sleeves would just make my sweater look lumpy, so I opted for the sleeveless style in C but with a modified belt. I wanted a wider belt with a perky double bow. Having made bow ties in the past, I was familiar with bow making, so I just guessed about the size I wanted and whipped up a quick belt.
After I finished the dress I made one of my signature felties to adorn the skirt. It just gives it that extra bit of Disney flair! Happy Orange Bird!

Here is the finished dress on my mannequin Helena! Does anyone else name their sewing accessories?

Taadaa!
 And with the sweater for the full effect.
What do you think? Next time I'm wearing it to the Magic Kingdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment