Friday, January 13, 2017

The Making of My Linda Belcher Felt Photo

For those of you that read my blog I have a special preview and behind the scenes look at my latest feltie creation. My Bob's Burgers fan art felt photo of Linda!
 This is a 6"x8" hand cut and stitched felt photo made by me, Rae, and then framed in an 8"x10" frame. 

I love to paint as well as sew and this was an idea I had been toying around with for a while of combining the two to make photo like felties instead of just free standing felt ornaments. I think of this as painting but with felt and thread.  Also I don't use glue at all, I sew everything by hand. I actually considered this image of Linda initially when I was making the individual Belcher family felties because it was so funny, but it just didn't go with that particular idea I had of family portraits in felt. So after completing the others I decided I had to give this a try because I couldn't stop thinking about how funny it would be in felt form especially with the improvised plastic bag pants she wore! Below I am including some in process pictures for those of you who are interested in the creative process behind this piece.
This is the beginning of Linda in her basic felt form.
Again a basic background and adding her to it.
This photo makes me laugh because to me she looks a bit like Lemongrab from Adventure Time, and you know what that means, Unacceptable!!! Better keep working.

This is where things really start to take shape. I just keep adding more and more detail.
I even made my own tiny bag for her pants! That was quite tedious but so worth it in the end.
A few more finishing touches and done! I hope you enjoyed seeing the photos as much as I enjoyed making this and sharing it with you. To be clear I am not affiliated with Fox or Bob's Burgers in any way, (although a girl can dream right lol)?! I am just a huge fan, it is a great show and John Roberts who provides the voice for Linda completely makes the character come to life, hilarious!

Thanks for checking out my artwork, comments and questions are always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment