Wednesday, June 14, 2017

New Favorite Craft Book

Lately I have been in a hand stitching mood. Not just a wanting to sew anything mood but one of those moods where I want to also be able to finish it quickly kind of moods. I was looking through my patterns and craft books trying to decide on a project when I found my copy of  Alyssa Thomas's book Sew & Stitch Embroidery. 



I had that aha moment that this is what I was looking for! I’ve had this book for a while I just haven’t gotten around to trying any of the patterns yet, now was the time. As you can tell from the cover her designs are absolutely adorable! There are so many different animal patterns I can't get over how much cuteness is packed into this book! Here is the first embroidery I tried, it’s a guinea pig.





I love his little toes! Aside from the designs being super cute they are also quick and easy to stitch out, perfect for a beginner. The instructions are clear and easy to follow so I know you will be sewing in no time. That said I have been sewing for years and still love these patterns because I can actually complete a super cute hand embroidered project in an evening. The book also has instructions for making various home decor items and accessories out of your finished embroideries, which is great because then you can show off your handiwork! Here is the link to her website where you can purchase a copy http://penguinandfish.com/sewandstitchembroidery

Lately this book been my go to for fun and whimsical projects. Just last night I finished this little guy.




It’s going to be a pillow cover. The skunk was from her book and I just added some flowers to fill out my pillow shape.

That’s all for today, hope you enjoy the book review and be sure to check back. Next time I will be doing a tutorial on how I make my pillow cover!


No comments:

Post a Comment