Friday, October 6, 2017

Halloween Costume 2017


It’s October and I am ready for Halloween!! I just finished my costume, Louise Belcher from Bob's Burgers! I decided to post this early in case anyone else was interested in making Louise’s green dress like I did. I started with this pattern, Simplicity 3833 and my green fabric which I have already washed and dried.

Instead of following the pattern and having a separate bodice and skirt piece I just taped the pieces together like this and cut one on the fold.

This gave me one solid front piece to work with which made the dress super easy to make! The only issue I had was the front being maybe an inch shorter than the back piece. I am on the short side so I just trimmed the back to match. For the back I followed the pattern, except I omitted the waist darts and used an invisible zipper instead of a regular zipper. Here it is all finished.
 I am ready for tricks and treats!

As for supplies the pattern was purchased at Joann Fabrics during one of their $1 Simplicity pattern sales. Fabric is from Walmart, Waverly 100% cotton in Grass and a bargain at $2.97 per yard! I love this fabric! It is soft and comfortable but also thick enough to offer good coverage without needing to be lined. If you try this pattern I would love to know how it turned out for you. Or if you have any questions along the way don't hesitate to ask. I am happy to help if I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment