Friday, February 2, 2018

My Favorite and Functional Pattern

I love patterns! To me there is so much potential tucked away inside those paper envelopes or PDF files. That said, I rarely use a pattern multiple times, usually once is enough and I move on to the next. Except for this pattern, Card Wallets by Michelle Patterns. I have used this one so many times, I ended up cutting out plastic pattern pieces for easier tracing. Here is a picture of the trial versions I made from scrap fabric, just to test the pattern and sizes.
There are three sizes included in the pattern, but you can scale it to fit what ever you have in mind. The pattern is very clear and easy to follow.

I actually purchased this pattern because I was looking for a cute birth control case that would fit in my pocket. I hated the plastic sleeve that came with my pills, the edges were so sharp it almost cut a hole in the pocket of my favorite pants. This was the perfect solution! After making a few as gifts I realized how versatile these little pouches are and since Michelle Patterns very generously allows a "Sew it & Sell It" policy along with the purchase I started offering them in my Etsy store. They are perfect for carrying just the essentials when you don't want to carry a purse. I use one as my amusement park wallet, no purse = no bag check line! It easily holds my pills, license and credit card while still fitting in my pocket.  Here are a few more I made.

The owl one I sent to a friend with a bar of French soap inside that I picked up in Paris. The green wallets I gave to my mom and sister with small gifts inside. My mom loves hers for corralling her lipsticks in her purse, she even asked for another one and I think my sister uses hers for business cards. That's why I love this pattern so much, it is a nice bonus gift if you are sending something small and can be used after.

If you are looking for a new and functional sewing project I highly recommend this pattern. Or if you would like one but don't sew check out my Etsy shop I also do custom orders if you are interested in a specific color or print.

*I was not persuaded nor compensated in any way by Michelle Patterns to write this, just a happy customer who wanted to share my experience. 




No comments:

Post a Comment