Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Oh Mr. Rabbit...


I have been in a bit of a felt frenzy lately and I love it! Today, I wanted to share my latest art piece which is a tribute to the amazing Mary Blair. Here is my version of her White Rabbit from the book Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland. It is such a beautifully illustrated book I highly recommend it for children or Disney fans such as myself.
This is a 5"x 7" Knoppang IKEA frame with a matted area of 4"x 6".  The image is made entirely of felt (no glue) and hand stitched with DMC embroidery floss. It was all hand cut and sewn by myself.  I took several in process pictures so as you scroll down you can see it all take shape. The first picture of the tiny black felt piece in my hand is to give you an idea of the size of some of the pieces I was working with.  I believe that was the nose, before I trimmed it!






 
Thank you for looking at my latest felt art! If you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave them or contact me on Instagram or Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment