Thursday, August 24, 2017

Quick and Easy Halloween Pennant Banner


I LOVE Halloween! I love it so much that I usually put up my indoor Halloween decorations in August. I figure I spend so much time making and getting them out for display I might as well enjoy them for a while! Here is my first Halloween project of the season, a quick, inexpensive yet very festive Halloween pennant banner.
One of my favorite places for inexpensive holiday decorations is the Dollar Tree and this year it hasn’t disappointed! I found several items including a wood yard sign, a tinsel spider web and these felt stickers.



To make this banner you will need:
Felt stickers
Felt sheets in black, purple, yellow, green and orange
Ribbon
Black embroidery thread and needle
Scissors
Pen
Optional-hole punch

I started by making a paper template of my flag and them making one a bit larger for the black background. Cut smaller flags from purple, yellow, green and orange felt and larger flags from the black felt.
Then stitch colored flags to the center of a black flag and attach a sticker to the center. I used a small hole punch to make a hole in the corner of my flags but you could also make a small snip with your scissors. Run the ribbon through and done!
Cute and simple felt Halloween banner for under $5. 
Thanks for checking out my banner and be sure to check back for more Halloween themed crafts.





No comments:

Post a Comment